Monday, October 4, 2010

Oh, Saturday Morning How I Love You

I can't even tell you how much I love Saturday mornings. They are my absolute favorite time of the week. So much so, that even though it's the ONLY time I get to sleep past 6am, I'm often tempted to still "get up early" to soak even more of Saturday morning in.

I love the quiet. I love the fact that there's no alarm looming, there aren't usually responsibilities hanging over my head, it's just a nice time to take a deep breath, and just be me. I don't have to do anything for anyone else, except myself :) Selfish Saturdays, yeah!
My husband is in this bed, somewhere, I swear.

I love the time I get to myself. I usually spend it online, looking at Facebook, or blogs that I like (almost all of which are about how to save money or how to cook this or that), drink coffee, fold laundry, you know. By myself. I have the news on the background, but I don't pay attention to it.

I think every married person needs this time. I know I do, and I treasure those moments on Saturday mornings.

It's not that I don't enjoy the time that I get to spend with Michael on Saturdays, don't get me wrong, I look forward to hanging out with him all week, but I'm just saying, a girl needs some time to hang out with herself too.

Recently, my Saturday mornings have been about making muffins. There's nothing like taking this stuff from here...
To here...
To here...
There's nothing like making your house smell like fresh, homemade Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. YUM!

This was another one of Annie's Eats' recipes. I'm on a major muffin making kick, I think my co-workers are glad. Next weekend I think I'm going to try the Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal muffins.

I was so happy this past Saturday morning, I didn't even mind that I woke up to this mess.
Yep. I was actually tired/relaxed enough Friday night to not care that there were dishes in the sink. This is rare.
"Pre-Rinse" helped me out. I handled these dishes, plus the ones I dirtied making the muffins, made the muffins, did two loads of laundry and wrote 2 blogs before I got Michael out of bed.
Loved it. Every moment.

1 comment:

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

Is Brokaw's new name "Pre-Rinse"??? You know Robby tells a joke about "Soap and Water" - they are dogs.