Thursday, October 28, 2010

Books

I'm inspired to share what I'm reading because of my friend Jennifer's blog.

Now, let me tell you, I used to be a big time reader! That was back in my single days when I had a second after work, before fixing dinner, or before bed, to read. Life these days isn't much like it was then. And the time I spend reading is seriously less now than it used to be. I still read on the metro, though, and sometimes I can read for like 5 minutes if I'm done with everything in the house and ready for bed, but I'm still waiting on Michael. Or, if I ever go to the gym again. Tomorrow? Maybe? I thought about going today.. but I ended up making chocolate chip cookies instead. Oops.

I'm getting off topic. Anyway, here's what I'm (kind of) reading right now:
1. Game Change. This is the "inside scoop" on the 2008 race for President. Every time I pick it up, I get sucked in. Love this so far, and I especially love the 'behind the scenes' kind of scoop it has on relationships between certain political candidates, their families and friends, and their staffs. Good read.

2. Cold Tangerines. I read this a few years ago and loved it, I remember passing some of the things I read in this book along to friends, so I'm re-reading it again now. I love Shauna's writing style, and I think if I ever write a book, I'd like to do something like this. It's kind of a collection of essays.

3. When The Man You Love is Ill. I think I'm on my fourth trip through this book. I hardly leave home without it. So much wisdom in this book has helped and is helping me navigate the tough waters I face in my unique situation being married to someone who has a disability. I still have some unanswered questions, so I just keep reading it and re-reading it, hoping all of the principles will (one day) truly soak in!

What are y'all reading these days?

2 comments:

Becky said...

You should check out Shauna's new book... Bittersweet. I loved it. And cried through half of it... :)

Kristen Maddux said...

I'm reading the Harry Potter books(yea, just a *little bit* behind the curve here!) But it's a super fun read, perfect as I recover from a surgery.