Sunday, October 3, 2010

How to Avoid the Pastry Case at Starbucks

I go to Starbucks every. single. work day. There is no avoiding it. By the time I get off the Metro, I'm ready for some (more) coffee. I am a gold card member, so this habit is good, because every time you buy coffee, you earn stars, and every 15 stars, you get a free drink of your choice. That's when I get my beloved Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

The only problem I see about going to Starbucks every day is you have to stand in front of the sin stand on your way to pay.

We get up EARLY at our house. 4am for me, most days. So, by the time I get to Starbucks at about 8am, I'm ready to eat AGAIN, even if I did eat breakfast when I first got up. I have to have a meal that sticks. Last year, I had some of their oatmeal and I thought why don't we do oatmeal like this at home? So, we did. And now we NEVER have just plain oatmeal!
Here's what you need:
1 packet of oatmeal
3/4 cup of milk (because water just doesn't cut it in my opinion)
1 handful walnuts
1 handful dried cranberries
1 handful granola
1/2 sliced banana
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp maple syrup

It works to keep you full! It's hearty and yummy, too! Try it, you'll never go back. It's really good with a glass of Cranberry Juice.

No comments: