Monday, October 11, 2010

Art, Wine and All That Jazz

I am loving Groupon! I hope there are some more good ones soon so we can have more fun stuff to do, like this event we went to last weekend called "Art, Wine, and All That Jazz."

It's funny.... for months, I was so hesitant to blog because I worried it would show how boring our lives are. You know, commute, work, come home, eat dinner, watch tv, go to bed. Booooring, right? I mean, not that there aren't wonderful moments in there, but for the most part, there's just not much writing material!

Now, suddenly, mostly to a decision I finally made that *we are going to get out and do stuff*, no matter how difficult it is, no matter how tired we are, no matter what... but also, courtesy of Groupon, which gives us opportunities to do fun community stuff for half price! I'm a girl on a budget, so yay for Groupon!

Okay, they're not paying me, so I'll stop now. Back to the event.

"Art, Wine and all that Jazz" was at this place called the Workhouse Arts Center, in Lorton. Minutes from where we live. It used to be a DC prison, but in recent years, it's been turned into a gallery and studio space for a bunch of artists.

We tried wine from the booths that were set up, all by Virginia Wineries (who knew VA was such a wino!)

Then toured the galleries, looking at the art, and speaking with a few of the artists. (M was in heaven!)
We listened to the music in the big tent they had set up for bands.
Then tasted more, looked at more art stuff...
Tasted more, listened to music.... more art (by this time I was getting a big Art-ed out, I'm not the artsy one in this couple!) But this guy sure was loving it!
This event made us two-for-two on weekends wearing wristbands, ha!
I always enjoy an opportunity to enjoy some "fair" food...
It was a fun time! I also loved hearing the history of the Workhouse and how it held many of the women in the Women's Suffrage movement. Very cool. We didn't even end up buying any wine! We loved the "apple wine" by one of the wineries, but they were out by the time we went to try to buy it. Oh well. Fun day!

No comments: