Monday, February 28, 2011

How it Took me 2.5 Hours to get to Work

Tomorrow will mark one week since the most unnecessary 2.5 hour commute to work, ever.
Folks, I live next to a Metro station. Now, it's suburban Northern Virginia, so it still takes 10-15 minutes to walk to said Metro station, but still, the point is, we're right there.

My lazy self has not liked walking in the cold and/or rain to the Metro lately. Well, across the street is the Mall. There are several buses that go from the mall (or mall area) directly to the metro. Brilliant, right?

Err.
Wrong.
If you're me.
And you get on the one bus that is not going directly to the Metro station, but instead is going on a tour of Northern Virginia.

Nope.
If you're me, you'll be on this bus for a full hour, even while the bus driver stops to take his lunch break! Not even kidding. The man ate a sandwich.
He checked on me, that was nice.
But, I was fine.
I was in contact with my dear husband, who was navigating for me, from home, via the transportation system's website.

About an hour after I left home, I passed it again, as we pulled into that metro station.
You know, the one a block from our apartment complex?
Yeah, that one.

Thankfully, I didn't have anywhere pressing to be that morning, and my boss was very understanding at my tardiness.
Oy vey, right?

I decided it was a good day for a free latte and oatmeal from Starbucks.
That was a good call.

2 comments:

LaDonna said...

I know it wasn't funny when it happened, but thank you for letting me truly laugh with you!

dong said...

My lazy self has not liked walking in the cold and/or rain to the Metro lately. Well, across the street is the Mall. There are several buses that go from the mall (or mall area) directly to the metro. Brilliant, right?
Read more at van chuyen hang di my
Read more at cua nhua dai loan