Monday, February 28, 2011

30, Flirty and Fabulous

Lately, I've been reminded of the simple power of friends.
It's just good to be with people.
To laugh with them.
Eat with them.
Just be with them.

Last weekend, we went out to celebrate my friend from high school, Blaire's 30th birthday!
Turning 30 is something you have to do in your own way.
And I think Blaire rocked it.
It was a joy to share with her, some other friends, and her family.

You see this darling little blonde sitting across from me? That's Melissa. Melissa, Blaire and I cheered together at Indian River High School in the 90s. It was epic. There was lots of navy blue polyester and bangs. Great memories.

My favorite part of the evening was when Blaire read what her mom had written her and opened the most beautiful gift, a ring, made especially for her, from the rings her dad had given her mom.
It was so beautiful and I was touched by the special love this mom has for her daughter.
Reminds me of me and my mama. Mamas and baby girls are bonded in a special way, there's no denying that.




So, happy (late now) birthday, Blaire! Rock it girl. You are thirty, flirty and fabulous. And, you're married to a guy with a million dollar smile. There's nothing wrong with that!

No comments: