Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Create-ive

Creativity is a funny thing. It seems to only come out when I'm not looking for it. I guess it's just creative, in and of itself like that... At least that's the way it works for me. As a student, I always had the nice projects (thanks for your help, Dad) and teachers told me I was "creative." At work, I can come up with a perfect solution to a problem in a pinch, I'm told I have a creative eye - for video or for stories in general. Even with this blog, friends have commented that they enjoy my humor or the way I see normal, every day things.



So, why is it, I ask... when I set out to write a post about creativity I draw nothing more than a big, giant blank?



--------------------------------------- = big giant blank.



Is it really creative for me to manufacture a blog post about creativity? Because that's what I just did. I sat here, on the MacBook, thinking about what in the world could I blog about that has anything to do with creativity? ---------------- blank.



Pictures! I like to take pictures. I looked through some pictures and tried to find one that was "creative." Then I realized.. this isn't creative, at all... manufacturing something to be creative. False creativity. You can't create creativity. Or, can you?



Now my mind is going in circles and it's past my bed time. I'm just going to say I'm not feeling very creative right now and maybe I'll even take a picture to show that. 1, 2, 3, 4.....





Photo_1_2



It's too bad that there's not a button on my TV remote for "creativity on demand."



I feel most creative outside, on a beautiful day, when flowers are in bloom. I like to people watch and take my camera everywhere I go, so I can capture random moments or images of things and save them forever. I love mornings. The blank slate, new mercies and all the possibility they hold. But right now, I'm inside, my camera is out of reach, it's past my bedtime, so this is what you get.



Happy Water Cooler Wednesday!

Thanks for reading - if you've read this far. And please consider awarding the ipod to my dearest friend, Michael. He's one of the most creative people I've ever met, hands down. And I love that about him.



1 comment:

Danae said...

The new thing you have on Facebook makes it real easy to get here... I like it. You make me laugh! I love you!
Danae <3