Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday Morning Post

Hi.
I know it has been a while since I've done a Saturday Morning Post.  Well, it's been a while since I've had this quiet Saturday morning time alone!

I am home for about 3 days before I leave for Vegas. Then, I'll be home for A day, then leave again for Iowa.  September and October have been complete craziness as far as the travel goes.

So, I'm looking forward to November.

I am thinking about our Student Ministry this weekend, because they are on their getaway (our church's first ever!) and I am not with them.  I hate missing things!  But, I leaned on Michael's wisdom for this one.  And he knows me, he knows what I need better than I know myself sometimes, and he suggested I stay home this weekend.

So, here I am.  And he was right, I needed the rest.  And we needed the time together.

We went on date night last night, thanks to an Entertainment coupon book he bought from a neighbor kid while I was away. I love coupons! :)

We went to a restaurant we'd never been to before, close to home.  The food really wasn't great at all.  But the date was wonderful!  Are we the only nerds who have one drink on a date, then walk around a farmer's market, shop separately at Ross and a music store, then buy a couple of new candles at Bath & Body Works, before coming home and watching three episodes of Parenthood and falling asleep in the chair? (the falling asleep in the chair part would be me.)

Whatever. It's so us.  And I happen to love right where we are right now.

I love dreaming about the future, too.  Last night, as we drifted off to sleep, we talked about my birthday, which is coming up next week, and that somehow led to baby talk.  We aren't close, yet.  But you know, in the next couple of years!! There is a lot of uncertainty about how we'll get there, but we'll get there "one way or another,"  and I can't wait to experience that, together.

We joked that we'll have a head start on other couples in the teamwork department.  And, in the 'dealing with poop' department.

It was fun to talk about, think about, and imagine the day... But, right now, it's nice to decide to have date night whenever we want, stay up until 1:00am watching Netflix, and have an office. :)

Today, we're going to clean this apartment (well, today or tomorrow) and COOK.  I busted out a bunch of recipe magazines for some fresh ideas to cook for us and some pretty special people.

P.S. confession: I totally cut and highlighted my own hair in my bathroom yesterday.

No comments: