Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
Chocolate Chip Cookies are probably my favorite food group.  Every now and then, though, I want them to be Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I found this recipe from my good friend, Betty, the other day.  And, all I can say is YUM!

Here's what you need:
1.5 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (I used walnuts)

What you do:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.


In a big mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar and butter.
 
Lick your spatula. Mmm.
 
Add the vanilla and the egg.
 
Then, the oats.
 
Then the flour, baking soda and salt.
 
And finally, the chocolate chips and nuts.
 
Drop the cookies, by spoonful on to an un-greased baking sheet.
 
I have no idea how many cookies this makes, but let's just say we had about a dozen for ourselves, we gave about a dozen to our neighbors, and still had dough left to freeze.

I give this recipe an A+.  It's easy, it doesn't require any crazy ingredients, and the dough freezes well.
 
Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!

4 comments:

Kristen@TheFrugalGirl said...

Oh, I just love oatmeal cookies. Actually, I like pretty much any homemade cookie. Which is why I don't make them too often...I'm so tempted to eat too many!

cam - bibs & baubles said...

yum! oatmeal are my favorite.

Alison Pringle said...

I was trying to be so good today, but now I must eat these delicious looking cookies!

Unknown said...

I have made this recipe several times now and just had to come back and write a review. After one batch this became the favorite cookie among friends and family.





Jane@Simplement D Liche