Sunday, October 16, 2011

I Want to Work at a Farmer's Market

I took this picture last week in New Hampshire, at a Farmer's Market we stumbled upon while we were shooting a story about the economy, and the upcoming election.

Let me get this straight right off the bat: I am currently working at my dream job.  My ultimate goal was always to cover the White House.  I've done that.  I've sat in the seat in the briefing room, attended Presidential press conferences, and visits of foreign leaders.  Now, my life is focused on covering the race for the White House in 2012, and I've been following the GOP candidates around the country since January.  It is so much fun!  And I am LOVING it.

But, there's something romantic about a Farmer's Market.  My eyes open a little brighter.  I see the colors of the fresh produce, I smell the home made baked goods, and I want to touch all of the beaded necklaces and bracelets and what not made by hand.

It's like stepping into Etsy, live!

One day, probably not until I'm an old retired lady, I totally want a booth at a Farmer's Market.  I don't know what I will sell.  Not produce, I'm not so good with plants.  Probably homemade bread, and jams, yum!  It would be so much fun to set up a little booth, have a cute little sign, and do something totally on my own.

I'd never get rich at it, though. (Not that I'm ever going to get rich being a journalist.)  I am my mother's daughter in my spirit to create and do things on my own.  But, I am not a born businesswoman.

Ah, maybe someday.  Maybe someday, I could make and sell my own stuff.  And write about it, of course.

No comments: