Friday, October 7, 2011

Horizons

I love the beach. I love the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. I love the smell. And I love seeing the horizon.  Mostly because it makes me feel small, makes me remember there is a big God in control of this big world, and somehow, it's all going to be okay.

He's got this.
When I'm overwhelmed and exhausted, He's got this.
When I'm worried about my brother, or my husband, or how I'm going to get everything done that needs to be done in the next month, while also traveling to New Hampshire, Las Vegas and Iowa, He's got this.
When my heart breaks for the young men and women who have given life and limbs and their way of life, because of this war in Afghanistan, He's got this.

The waves will keep coming.
But, there is peace in remembering the horizon.

Lord, thank you for your new mercies this morning.  We need them!

No comments: