Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What's For Dinner



Tonight we are having a repeat of what we had for dinner last night.

Brunswick Stew
(I started with a recipe from my Fix It & Forget It Crockpot cookbook, but I freestyled quite a bit, so this is essentially MY recipe, ha!)

Leftover Chicken, peeled from bone & separated (I probably had about a pound, it was what was left from the chicken I made on New Year's Day)
Chicken Broth (I used what came from the chicken itself, plus one can)
1 Large Can, Chopped Tomatoes
1 Can of Corn
1 Can of Lima Beans
1 Fresh Red Pepper, chopped
1 Fresh Green Pepper, chopped
1 Cup Fresh Carrots (chopped or baby carrots)
1 Cup Fresh Celery (chopped)
1 Can White Potatoes, sliced
1/2 Large Fresh Red Onion, chopped
1/4 cup Worchestershire Sauce
Salt, Pepper, to taste
Tobasco Sauce, to taste
2 Bay Leaves

I cooked it for 4 hours on low in the crock pot. Michael had it with crushed peppery crackers mixed in. I had it with a piece of Challah bread. It was good! Looking forward to more tonight!

For dessert, we had Warm Apple Crisp, which I totally did NOT make from scratch! I did peel, core and cut up the apples, though. We ate it with Vanilla Ice Cream. Mmmmm!! (confession: we may or may not have also eaten this for breakfast...)

No comments: