Thursday, January 7, 2010

Love is... Folding Laundry

Yesterday, Michael and I celebrated 4 months of marriage. It feels like it has been so much longer than that in many ways. We constantly have to remind ourselves that we are still *so new* at this!

One thing that I think is awesome is over the last 4 months, Michael has continually stepped up how much he helps with chores and what not around the house. I look back to those first few weeks when I really felt like I was "doing everything" and I wonder how I even did it.

I depend on him. And I'm so thankful for his willingness to help and his faithfulness in doing so.

Michael jokes when he figures out how to do something new "oh, darn... guess I'll be doing that now!" Yep. Sure enough.

One chore that he does regularly is folding the laundry (and he's also started putting it away, score!). All I have to do when I leave for work in the morning is take the load of clothes out of the dryer and set them in a basket on the ottoman. I also put out another empty laundry basket.

Then, at some point during the day, Mr. Wonderful folds the clothes.

Yesterday, I came home to this folded load. You see the gLOVE?
I love you too, Babe.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Oh weird, I just posted a comment but it's not there. And I realized my google profile was screwed up. Anyways, this is freaking adorable! Love the gLOVE!!

Dana Brown Ritter said...

Becky, no worries. We are moderating comments to avoid messages from haters and spammers.

Anonymous said...

way to go Mike! I, too, have a hands on hubby--don't know how I would do it w/out him!

Diane Moody said...

Atta girl, Dana! I have to say, one of my favorite ways Ken says "I love you" is when he helps with laundry or empties the dishwasher. Without any prompting on my part!

Love the glove!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

love the glove! so cute!!!