Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello, 2010

We unfortunately ushered in 2010 with an, ahem, setback. I'll spare you the details, but what I will share is that this setback has led to Mike having to spend a lot of time in bed, healing. This is the first time we've faced anything like this together, and I am learning that I have a lot to learn! How fun, right?

I am such a routine addict. I love my routines and feel very uncomfortable whenever they're thrown off. Mr. I'm okay with anything and everything is fine, of course. While I was sobbing my eyes out thinking "this is the worst New Year's EVER!!!"

The truth is, with a little perspective (I'd happily give up what is apparently my new addiction... learning all about "perspective") it really wasn't that bad after all.

Here we are, January 3rd. Still standing (so to speak). Definitely closer than ever. And looking forward to all that 2010 has for us.

We were able to get out and about for a little "date night" last night. So glad we did.

3 comments:

Diane Moody said...

Hi guys! Just signed up to follow your blog. Watched your Date Night video and realized I was grinning from ear to ear as I watched it. You all are just too cute and it warms my weary old heart to see two people so ga-ga in love! Thanks for making my day! :D Looking forward to future posts! Great idea!

Diane Moody said...

Hi guys! Watched your video and realized I was grinning from ear to ear . . . such a joy to be reminded what young love looks like! Looking forward to all your posts!

LaDonna said...

Looks like y'all had a great time. Wow! How many date nights will it take to visit all those neat places in the area? I hope y'all get to enjoy every one of them.