Monday, January 4, 2010

Project 365: Gratitude

I'm borrowing a page out of the Kolette Hall playbook. I followed along last year on her blog as she took a picture each day of something she was grateful for. I do not know Kolette or her husband Jason personally, but we are internet friends, and Kolette has already been a shoulder for me to lean on because we are in somewhat similar situations. I enjoyed and was encouraged by her journey in 2009. So, I'm attempting to do the same this year. I'd like to share my pictures here, as I try this year to focus on just how much I do have to be thankful for.

January 1: I am thankful for the bottle of champagne that symbolizes our New Year's turning around. We saved the cork to keep as an "altar" to remember that turning point.
January 2: I am thankful for Skype. And for the conversation I was able to have early in the morning with my dear friend Ann, who is in Thailand. Her friendship is exceedingly special to me and her smile and voice are always an encouragement.

January 3: My couch cushions. I have never been so thankful for my couch cushions! I made breakfast burritos yesterday morning, and because of those two back couch cushions, we were able to enjoy breakfast in bed together.




No comments: