Sunday, November 16, 2008

Steel Magnolias

I just finished some cheesy grits.  Instant.  Mmm.   Needed a slice of butter, though.  Speaking of all things southern...


This weekend, Becky came over for a viewing of one of the best movies of all time, Steel Magnolias.  There are only a handful of movies I can quote and this is one of them.  We watched it with subtitles, altough accidental, that ended up being fun!


Let's review some of the best lines from Steel Magnolias:


"Nobody move!!"


"Shelby, drink your juice."


"In a good shoe, I wear a size six, but a seven feels so good, I buy a size eight."


"Sammy Wayne Desoto, what is this in my Frigidaire?"


"Miss Truvy, I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair."


Oh, there are too many to post here!  What are yours?



4 comments:

Rebecca said...

um hello..."pink is my signature color"
or
"That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol"

susan deshazo said...

There's so much static electricity in this room, I pick up everything but boys and money. -Truvy
Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!
take a whack at Ouiser
-Clairee
I'm an old southern woman.. I'm supposed to grow tomatoes and wear funny hats.
-Ouiser
Oh, he's a real gentleman.. he takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it.
-Ouiser

Danae said...

Believe it or not, I've never seen Steel Magnolias.

Anna Smith said...

My only thought is I once went to the town where it was filmed, Natchitoches.

Corten