Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I miss my Papa

November 13th.  It's just one of those days I mark.  I can't think November 13th or write the date without thinking about my Papa Tom.


He died 5 years ago today.  I can't believe it's been that long!  I miss him SO much.  He was such a great Papa.  I miss his smile and his big belly laugh and all of the funny and loving and caring things he did.  I feel him with me, though.  When I look at the ring on my finger, I picture a young Papa Tom, knealing on the sidewalk in Downtown Danville asking my Granny to marry him.  What an honor it is to wear this ring!


Okay, enough of that.


Let's discuss how I need to pay attention to what's happening in the world.  Not the news, no, I'm completely in the loop on that.  I can tell you all kinds of economic details about the "bailout" or the "rescue package" - depending how you like the nounage.  Or the transition and who is being talked about for what jobs...How is that??  And yet, I totally miss the CMAs? 


I seriously need a cultural advisor. 


Of course my Kenny took home Entertainer of the Year - for the 4th time!!


It makes me long for summertime... can't wait for at least January or February when we can get his schedule and buy tickets.  I am so there.  I also want the new Sugarland CD some kinda bad.


Oh!  I did make it to the gym yesterday.  But I just ate cheesecake for breakfast... one thing at a time.


Quickly - before I go - because I hate blogging without pictures, it feels so... empty.


The only reason I'm still on MySpace is to stay in touch with my little brother.  I think MySpace and Facebook are like Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke.  MySpace and Pepsi are old.  Boo.  Stinky.  Not my first choice, but eh, okay, if I have to and that's all there is... Diet Coke and Facebook are my first choices, hands down.


Now, pictures from my brother's myspace page.  I'm glad we got him that camera and that he has a myspace (even though life sure would be a lot easier if he would migrate to Facebook already!) because I love to see his adventures.  He's in the Army - in Germany right now.  It looks like he's having a great time.


ChrisProIceHockey 


German Pro Ice Hockey, cool!







ChrisPrague 


And he went to Prague!  Sweet!  It is awesome the things he is getting to see and do.


I'm so proud of my little bro.  Not only of his service to our country but also for being the guy who takes a picture like this.


I can see his face lighting up with the idea, then making his friend take it, then immediately looking at it in the camera, proudly.


Classic.  Nice form, Chris.



No comments: