Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rebel?

I broke my blog streak yesterday, sorry folks.


After work, Malika and I went to check out the newly re-opened National Museum of American History and it was FAB.  Highly recommend it.  A must-see in DC!  It has always been one of my favorites.  I like American history the best!  How patriotic, yet horribly self-centered of me, yes?


I slept for about 14 hours (the lovely Friday usual catch-up from the week) and it was great.  This morning, I'm catching up on The Office and snuggling with my doggie.  Good times.


IT SNOWED YESTERDAY, what in the world???  This is totally throwing me off!  I have a confession to make.  I am on the verge of rebelling.  I am from the "old school" when it comes to holidays.  I really, really LOVE Thanksgiving - I mean how can you argue with a holiday that is about eating?  And I have always had a policy of putting off all things "Christmas" until after Thanksgiving.  I never put up any deocrations until after Thanksgiving or listen to "Christmas" music until after Thanksgiving...


But just now, I signed on to itunes to look for songs to make a new work-out mix (I need some motivation!) and I see Harry Connick Jr.'s new album is only $7.99!!!!! What???? Awesome price.  Then I see that Enya has a holiday album out this year too?


Oh!  I'm tempted to break my own rules!  What to do???



2 comments:

MICHAEL BENNETT said...

I HOPE THIS GETS, THROUGH I DON'T HAVE TYPEPAD, WHATEVER THE HELL THAT IS, WE'RE NOT ALL AS SAVVY AS YOU DANA. IT BROUGHT A HUGE SMILE TO MY FACE TO SEE YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED, I'M UP TO 3 KIDS NOW, JOSH(5), KAYLA(3), HALEY(1). READING SOME OF YOUR BLOGS REMINDS ME WHAT A GREAT MISTAKE IT WAS TO LOSE TOUCH WITH YOU. YOU APPEAR TO REALLY BE ENJOYING LIFE THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE DONE. IF YOU GET THIS E'MAIL ME SO WE CAN CATCH UP. GOOD TO SEE BROKAW DOING WELL.. MY KASI IS UP THERE VERY HIGH RIGHT NOW LOOKING DOWN (KIDNEY DISEASE.. WE FOUGHT HARD FOR 6 MONTHS!)HOPE YOU GET THIS. MICHAEL BENNETT

Courtney said...

Hey girl!
I say go for it. Buy the CD's. Worse case, buy it now, "preview" a song or two, and save the rest for post-Thanksgiving. Best of both worlds, right?? :)
Sorry again for canceling on you last weekend! Feeling better now, but guess we're hitting the holidays so will have to look at Jan sometime ... or we could actually talk on the phone like people used to do in the 20th century! lol