Monday, July 23, 2012

Fresh Summer Pasta to Drool Over

Can we talk about basil, for a second?
I sure hope so.
Because I just uploaded a big, fat picture of the basil in my tiny little herb garden on our back porch.

It grows fast.
It smells wonderful.
It tastes amazing.

And I am loving playing with it in the kitchen this summer.
The most recent recipe I made with fresh basil was this Avodado Basil Pasta. I blame Instagram. A friend (shout out, Reba!) made this and took a picture of it and I couldn't get it out of my mind, so I had to make it, too.  Only, I didn't have any bacon in the house (I know, the horror!), so I made it with ham instead.

I think it made four servings.
Which the two of us handled in one meal.
Yums.
Try it.
Let me know what you think of it!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

This is going to happen in the Johnson house. YUM!!

Diane Moody said...

Oh yeah. Drooling on my keyboard as we speak.

mella's messages said...

I just made a salad with quinoa and fresh basil from my deck garden - lots of crushed garlic and olive oil, with some fresh garden cucumbers, and away you go! Sorry I can't do the ham or bacon. ugh :P :)

Coffee Mom said...

Oh man, I love both basil and avocado...I am going to have to make this! Thanks!!