Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fresh, Easy Pico de Gallo Recipe

Fresh Pico de Gallo.
Mmmmm.
Are you licking your computer screen or your phone right now?

Are you ready to make the easiest, cheapest most crowd pleasing appetizer, ever?
Are you ready to never again pay three times as much as you need to at the grocery store for Pico de Gallo?

Okay. I'll stop with the infomercial bit.  In all seriousness, this is another one of those things that after I made it, I was like, "that's it?"
So, I share it with you. Just in case you've also been paying $3.00-$4.00 for a little container of this stuff.
You don't need to do that.  You don't think you have the time, but you do. All you have to do is chop vegetables and squeeze a lime.  It takes 5 minutes.

Fresh, Easy Pico de Gallo Recipe

Tomatoes (I used 4)
Onion (I used half of one onion)
Jalapeno Peppers (I used 3)
Lime
Cilantro (fresh is better, but I didn't have any)
Salt (I really like Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt)

Sprinkle some Crazy Mixed Up Salt and Cilantro in the bottom of a bowl.
Wash, seed and chop up your tomatoes and jalapenos.
Chop up the onion.
Mix the veggies up in the bowl.
Add more Crazy Salt and Cilantro.
Drizzle with the juice of one lime.
Stir.
Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
EAT.  ENJOY. 

There are all kinds of variations you can build from here. Yum!

No comments: