Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Some Trees Look Like Fire


I took these pictures of a few trees in our apartment complex today, as I was heading into work.  I can't decide which shade of the fall colors I like best.  The yellow and fire-orange ones are tied.  I'm leaning toward orange, though.

I love Fall, I really do.  It is so beautiful.  I love the leaves, and all things pumpkin, and all of the fall candle scents.  And I like boots.
But, I just don't like what Fall leads to... you know... it's a slippery slope to... WINTER.
Ack! I don't usually curse on this blog, it's a family blog, you know.
My denial of cooler temperatures was able to continue today because it was almost 70 degrees. 
I have not packed away my flip flops yet.
But soon.  Soon socks will be a daily must.  Soon, I will be wearing black pants every day for 4 months.  Soon the Metro will be more packed because of commuters in heavy coats.

But that's okay.  At least there are Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Gingerbread Lattes.  And I do love Thanksgiving and Christmas is okay.

There you have it.  There's my little Fall pep talk.
Does anyone else want to enjoy it until Christmas, then take a nap, and wake up to Cherry Blossom time in April?
Let's do it.

2 comments:

Kristen@TheFrugalGirl said...

Yeah. I like winter until Christmas is past, and then I'm so over it. January and February just seem completely superfluous.

Coffee Mom said...

This made me laugh because in Maryland I always felt the same way!! I loved fall. And I liked winter until January 15th. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's were fine cold. Then I was over it!! I guess that is one reason Florida agrees with me. We have "cold snaps" (as they say in the South) where it feels like fall or even winter, but inevitably the temps will go back to hover between 70 and 80 until the next little snap. It will be like this until April or May. It's a pretty good system. But you are right - there are always gingerbread lattes! :)