Sunday, November 13, 2011

Birthday Weekend Together

Birthday basket from Dana
For my birthday this week Dana gave me a gift basket. It was the perfect gift. She went to World Market and bought things she knew I'd enjoy:

  • Assorted beer
  • Bailey's chocolates
  • Ginger chews
  • Danish cookies
  • Assorted teas, and
  • Carr's crackers
Then, Friday night she invited several friends to dinner at a local sports bar. The eight of us had a great time sharing appetizers and stories. We had great food and drinks.

But, the most memorable thing for me was after dinner she asked if I wanted to go to the piano bar at National Harbor. This was after she had already done so much. Just her and me going to a silly piano bar. We were there with a bunch more folks singing along to old hits and favorites as these two piano players kept us entertained.

Dana knows what makes me smile.

No comments: