Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Impromptu Pizza Night

We love pizza! It isn't often we eat out or order in. When we can have fresh, home-cooked meals we really prefer it. You all know what a great cook Dana is. We love food. Sometimes, ordering in is a necessity.

Last night Dana came home late from work. She's catching up on things after traveling so much. When she called me on the way home I knew she was exhausted. She asked if I was okay having left over beans and biscuits for dinner because nothing was thawed. I knew two things: she didn't want beans and she didn't want to cook.

So, Mr. Wonderful put two and two together and offered to order pizza. Hey, I'm not perfect, but every now and then I get a hit. Sometimes it really surprises me how the smallest gestures make a big deal. It's listening for the clues that helps know when to swing and when to bunt.

Thursday is Men Make Dinner Day, so it looks like I'll go for a hit.

2 comments:

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

there are those days when pizza turns out to be the best meal ever!

Kristen said...

That is AWESOME. Husband homerun :)