Friday, April 15, 2011

Pants Are Generally a Good Idea

Last week, I had a major rush of adrenaline.

I was in New York, for a work trip. But that's not the reason for the adrenaline rush.
Neither is the fact that we interviewed Donald Trump.
Nope.

That adrenaline was because I FORGOT MY PANTS.

Some people forget toothbrushes. Maybe even underwear.
Me? I forget my pants.
That's right, folks.
I brought half of a black suit.
I realized this as I was unpacking in my hotel room, the night before the big interview.
It was about 8:30. As you know, most retail stores CLOSE AT 9PM!

So... I whipped out my iPhone, searched for the closest Ann Taylor Loft (because I can always be sure their pants fit me!) and high tailed it in the rain!
I walked in the front door of this store, and pretty much screamed, "I need a pair of black pants in a 12P and I don't even care how much they cost!!"

I was in a dressing room, stat.
First pair I tried on, I bought.
They were on sale, and I had a coupon (naturally) so I also got a new jacket and shell. :)

Good thing, because as I said... we had a pretty important interview the next morning.
Photo credit: Ian Rushing
That's right.
The Brody File interviewed The Donald.
Lots of 3rd person stuff going on. Just kidding about the 3rd person stuff.
But, we really did interview The Donald.
After the interview, we shot our entire show in Times Square.
Photo credit: Mark Bautista

You can watch the show here.
The trip was a blast.
Sometimes I can't believe I get paid to have this much fun.


No comments: