Monday, April 26, 2010

Thank you, Frugal Girl 911

So, this is the story of how The Frugal Girl saved me from being a major food waster last week.
It was Thursday... I realized I had some mold growing in my shredded mozzarella and some Pizza sauce in the fridge that needed to be eaten, stat.
I thought I would make Thin Crust Pizza again, because I made it about a month ago and it was delicous, see?The only problem? The recipe calls for the pizza dough to be made ahead and refrigerated, which is usually great, but under my circumstances, not so much. So, Frugal Girl to the rescue! I e-mailed her asking if there was any way I could make the dough and bake it right away. Thankfully, she was Johnny-on-the-spot in getting back to me, told me to add more yeast and let it set for about an hour, and then I was on my merry way.It was perfect! (Please forgive me for not taking a picture of the final product... we ate it so fast, I forgot!) And, the best part... it led to only one thing being photographed for Food Waste Friday, the old and moldy cheese.
Thank you, Frugal Girl 911!!

No comments: