Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I heart Goodwill

When I was a kid, I spent a lot of time with my Granny Nora in different thrift stores. The skill of finding good stuff grew and grew and to this day, I really, really enjoy weeding through discount stores like TJ Maxx and Ross and scavenging through thrift stores. I just don't always have the time I'd like to do it!

Recently, though, I've had a few chances to go to a local Goodwill store to drop some of our unwanted junk off and take a look inside. I've been quite lucky lately! Check out some of my finds:


This is the best one! A table that we'll be using as a desk. It's like brand new! For $35.00. I almost had to fight off a Chinese lady for this one, but fortunately another skill I learned from my Granny Nora is how to protect your thrift store purchase from other suitors, so alas, it's in our living room.
I scored a brand new, in the package from Target, chocolate brown bedskirt, for $2.00. It's actually king size and our bed's a queen, but a little fold over job under the mattress and no one will ever know! It's remarkable the difference this has made in pulling our bedroom together and making it look more "finished." For 7 months you could see the box spring and it made me nuts pretty much on a daily basis.

I also picked up this wine rack at Goodwill for $2.00. It's fake leather, and also brown, which apparently we're obsessed with.

Striking gold in the thrift store brings such joy! I love showing off my prizes. It's like a sport!

No comments: