Friday, April 2, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I have been meaning to participate in The Frugal Girl's "Food Waste Friday" forever! I just can't ever seem to remember to take a picture of my food waste ON A FRIDAY and post it and link to her post.

Well... it's your lucky day! I'm actually off today and have the free time to participate. So, here you go.
I had to throw away a giant Costco sized container of salsa. This has been in our fridge, forever. Funny, because the giant bag of chips we bought along with it, has not had a problem being eaten. But... the expiration date on the salsa was 3/9. I kept it through March, even though we still didn't touch it, but now that it's April, I'm thinking I have to let go. There's also an acorn squash that's questionable. I had grand plans to cut this up and bake it in pumpkin seed oil, but... I didn't. Now, it has the beginning stages of rotting, and I'm not okay with that.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So glad to have you participating, Dana! And I like your counters. :-)