Sunday, June 21, 2009

Room at the Inn

I topped off my productive weekend with another purge session.  I have way too much crap, like most Americans.  But, behold - I have the best reason in the world for getting rid of it!!  There's a really cute boy moving in soon!  And he will need somewhere to put his stuff!


I am proud to announce, as of this afternoon, I have successfully vacated half of my closet and an entire dresser!!  I would like the record to show that I used to own two walk-in closets full of clothes!  I used to pretty much collect clothes as a hobby, so this is a very big deal, people!  I have gotten rid of so much over the last few months, now I'm actually at a livable point!  I'm so proud :)

I cleaned out all my jammies and stuff, too.  I can't be lounging around single-girl style in my holy, coffee-stained extra large NBC shirt anymore!  I want to look hot for my man!  So, if it isn't decent, it got thrown out, and if I don't love it and wear it, it's going to be sold in my mother's next yard sale!

Proof:
IMG_4336

His half.

(that stuff will be gone after the wedding)

The stuff on the shelf is stuff I need to sew.  I've been needing to hem three pairs of pants for more than a year.  I don't know if I'm a leg dragger or what, but the hem always falls out the left leg of all of my pants, haha!


And my poor green trench coat.  I think it has a total of 3 buttons, and it's double-breasted, pretty embarrassing.

IMG_4333


My half.


Not bad, eh?

OH... I'm also selling that 6 foot Martha Stewart Christmas tree.  Any takers?  It is not pre-lit, but it's really easy to put together, and it's really pretty and it doesn't shed.  Also, going on Craigslist!



I'm pretty proud of the creativity I mustered up to figure out how to get all of my clothes and shoes to fit on one side of the closet (albeit the bigger side!)









IMG_4337


And, HIS dresser!

I already put a couple of things in there.

Can't wait until it's filled up!!!


Okay, seriously.  I should be sleeping!  I just realized that I still have my contacts in, though, so it looks like I'll be getting up before drifting off.




But yay for an uber-productive weekend, right?  And, I'm pretty sure I set some sort of blogging record, haha!  Cheers.


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

way too go girl! i am so impressed. you should come help me!! i am in the process of trying to get rid of so much stuff. but the little one keeps distracting me. she is a good distraction though. love the dollar tree! love the footlocker, but have no way of getting it and plus i am trying to downsize too....you seem very on top of things. super impressed. it will be a pretty wedding...can't wait to see all the pictures!!!