Monday, June 15, 2009

Fauxlebrities & Food Waste

I'm trying to get back into the habit of blogging, so what that means for you is you have to endure random readings, HA!


My thoughts for today:


I absolutely do not care about Heidi and Spencer.  Really.  I just don't.  Fauxlebrity "news" makes me sick to my stomach.  Ick.  Go away.


Moving on... I want to introduce you to a blog I've recently become a big fan of:  The Frugal Girl.  This woman is amazing!  I can only hope to attain some level of her success.  I now own a stand mixer, which should help, but I know I will never be able to make homemade yougart or as much bread as she does... but I have certainly been inspired by her not to be such a food waster.  Case in point: I just ate canteloupe that has been in my fridge for a whole week!  It was actually okay.


I still can't do browning bananas.  I just can't.  I'm sorry! 


More later, if I have time.



2 comments:

Danae said...

I don't like brown bananas either. However, if they get too brown to eat we stick them in the freezer and make banana bread with them at a later date. Of course, you can use regular bananas, but browning makes them sweeter and therefore better for banana bread. Oh, and I always melt my chocolate in the microwave. Works pretty good, but don't do it for too long. Also, don't know what kind of chocolate you're using, but I prefer to get mine from a baker's supply store. That chocolate has paraffin in it, which keeps it harder longer. The store bought stuff just melts as soon as you take it out of the freezer. I realize you may already know everything I've told you, but I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Rebecca said...

love the update! i think everything will be so beautiful! it looks like you are doing a great job and i am very impressed.
glad you updated...i 2was feeling a little withdrawal...;-)