Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Catching Up

Hello, friends.  Sorry I have been slow to catch up on my blogging.  I have Memorial Day pics.  Standby.  I wanted to post on Tuesday but when I logged on to do so, I saw that Typepad has some new way of doing things and then after a 12 hour work day, I just wasn't up for it.


So, that's my excuse.  Hope they're worth waiting for.


 Scott-mcclellanFirst, I have to say SOMETHING about this new Scott McClellan book that's coming out.  I, along with a lot of other people in Washington (not that I'm some huge insider or anything) am SHOCKED.  It's so scandalous!  And yesterday with all of the non-stop buzz, I thought I was getting overexposed and I was over it - but now that I'm at work - I'm way into it again.  Can't wait to see the Today Show interview with McClellan today, I hope somebody gets Tony Snow's take on it, and I can't wait to read the book myself!


Gma_5-28 Speaking of the Today, and all things network news - did y'all see the "Big 3" appearing on all the network news morning shows yesterday?  Katie, Brian and Charlie - all together!  They were on CBS at 7:30, NBC at 8:00 and GMA at 8:30.  GMA's was my favorite - especially knowing that Robin Roberts is fighting Cancer right now and Charlie bought a star for her!  So sweet.  Oh, I guess I forgot to mention why they were all coming together, duh.  It was to promote this new initiative, "Stand Up to Cancer." I am realizing just how many families have to face this devastating disease more and more and it breaks my heart.  I think it's great that the networks are teaming up, like they did after 9/11 and the Tsunami to raise money to fight Cancer.


You can read more about it here.


Okay, now I'm going to try to post the pictures from my trip to Nags Head with Ann to visit my family for Memorial Day weekend - wish me luck... this new picture uploading thingy is kind of weirding me out a little... Memorial Day Weekend 002 (Edit: clearly I don't know how to line the pictures up... I hope you don't get lost below)


Ann and I road-tripping.  Of course, Interstate 95 was a disaster (as usual) but we made the best of it.


Here we are taking a gross picture of ourselves.


Memorial Day Weekend 001



I had to take a picture of this van because it reminded me of the van my dad drove when I was a kid.


I liked to call it "Sweet Pickles."


Thank God I did not ever have to drive it, really.



Memorial Day Weekend 003


This is my nephew's boat.


Ain't it cute? 


Jorden said "Yes, my bathing suit matches my boat."


We are so related.Memorial Day Weekend 004



Ain't he cute?


Memorial Day Weekend 005



Why do kids grow up when you aren't looking?



I hate it.. because it makes me feel old.



But whatever.


Memorial Day Weekend 009


JT's friend wakeboarding.



All I remember about this kid is that he's a chef.



An important quality in a man.


Memorial Day Weekend 007


It was tough.



Aaaahhhhh....Memorial Day Weekend 011



I've told you before about how Ann and I take horrible pictures together.  This time, it was apparently my turn to look horrible.


Seriously - did my hair blow off or what?



Memorial Day Weekend 015


Nephew sandwich.


Would you look at these boys? 


Seriously - Jorden and Colby are such studs!


I'm pretty sure I'm the cool Aunt. (shhhh)Memorial Day Weekend 014



Would you look at this dog?  Would you believe it's a puggle?


Her name is Mocha.  And I don't think she could look anything less like Brokaw and still be a puggle.



Crazy!  Memorial Day Weekend 027



Speaking of Brokaw - he went to the beach for only the second time in his life, and he was loving it!


Memorial Day Weekend 022



He was a little freaked out by the waves.


I think he's afraid of rip currents.


Ha!Memorial Day Weekend 018



He was big into the sand, though.  Almost too much.  He was eating it - GROSS!



Memorial Day Weekend 036


He loved being on my Mom's boat.


Big weekend for Brokaw, a.k.a starfish killer, a.k.a. carpet eater.


Do you feel like you're watching a vacation slideshow yet?  Because I feel like one of Marge's sisters on the Simpsons...Memorial Day Weekend 046



This is my Mom's house.



Ain't it cute?



Memorial Day Weekend 030


This is where it starts to get scary.  I don't know what is posessing me to put actual bathing suit pictures up on the internet.


I have no business doing so.


But they're already on Facebook, so whatever.Memorial Day Weekend 032


I told you, scary.  Shield your childrens' eyes. Don't say I didn't warn you.


And don't comment unless you're going to tell me how great I look.  Even if you're lying, I don't care.


Good thing I already have a man that loves me for what's on the inside :)


Memorial Day Weekend 033


This is my Mom.



Ain't she cute?


She's been looking good in a bathing suit for as long as I can remember.


I hate her.Memorial Day Weekend 034


Naah.  I love her.


I realized this weekend that we not only have the same smile, but we have the same laugh.


The real laugh, the one from the gut that you can't stop.


It's scary.  Gilmore-ish, really. She's the deal.


Memorial Day Weekend 039


Captain Dave.


I think I have this same picture of Dave every year for like the last 5 years.


Some things never change.Memorial Day Weekend 040



This is my stepdad Dave's brother Steve.

Memorial Day Weekend 041




This is my stepdad Dave's brother Steve's son, Stevie.


Welcome to my family!


Ha.  Bring your notepad.




Memorial Day Weekend 045



Captain Cindy.



This photo speaks volumes.



She runs a tight ship.


Memorial Day Weekend 035




And that's all she wrote.


I think that's about all the internet can handle for one day.



Cheers!




5 comments:

Rebecca Atcherson said...

You are hilarious! I just made it through that whole post. I am exhausted now but I made it. I loved ALL the pics. Of course seeing pics of Brokaw always makes my day. :-)

Courtney said...

I definitely had to take a double take at the van picture. I thought to myself "I thought that van was long gone!" It brought back many memories for me too! :)

cindy floyd said...

Oh my gosh,
I think that was our van. I say that because you know I made the payments. Where do I start? What great pics. Especially your mom. She is so cute! Ha.

mike ritter said...

great pics. fun trip. love the captions (sweet pickles - ha!) but, did you spell you all "ya'll"? you know your conjunctions better than that! don't y'all misplace that there 'postrophe.

Dana Brown said...

Argh! I stand corrected. Hey, apostrophe police - if I give you a kiss, can I get out of the ticket? wink wink...