Wednesday, January 11, 2006

state of the commonwealth

Tonight was a big night for Virginia's governor, Mark Warner.  It was a night of lasts.  We always pour so much into our firsts.  Our first impression.  Our first day.  Everyone remembers your firsts.  But you remember your lasts.  What it took to get you there, and who you are when you reach the last whatever, and how you've counted down to the last (insert example).  Tonight was Warner's last State of the Commonwealth Address.  It's a formality.  Everyone expects the Governor to stand up there and say "The state of the Commonwealth is... good."  Of course it is.  The occasion has me thinking though... what if I had to take a good hard look at the state of my life each year, and map out my plan for the next year?  Not a bad idea, huh?  Perhaps taking a look at the state of something would open my eyes to what needs to change. Thanks Mark.  Best wishes.



No comments: