Tuesday, January 31, 2006

don't worry, be happy

Worry20small StressEasier said than done Bobby McFerrin.  I am spending too much time this week worrying.  I'm worried about renting my house out.  I'm worried about starting a new job, making a good first impression, not making too many stupid mistakes, and learning a new system quickly.  I'm worried about leaving my family and friends and co-workers.  I'm worried about getting a new car, getting a new apartment, driving in the snow, making new friends, finding a new church, and even just the drive to Pittsburgh.  Whew.  Even typing that all out is exhausting.  Somehow I have to figure all of this out and work every day between now and Friday.  The good news: my to-do list is shrinking and I did file my taxes tonight.  And the Steelers are poised to win the Superbowl. I know I need to relax.  I know there's no help in worrying.  It really doesn't solve anything or make things come together any quicker.  Again, I KNOW THAT. And yet, I worry.  Why?  I think I'm genetically predisposed to it.  I'm not blaming my mother or anything, but I did get half of my genes for her and she worries enough for the western hemisphere.  Friends, I need peace.  Please think of me in your prayers.   



No comments: