Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Okay, Fall. You're Here. Let's Do This.

(pic taken last November, at the Franconia-Springfield Metro station)

The key to Fall is admitting that it is here, and enjoying it.
This is not easy for me. It's harder for my husband.
We are both Summer-lovers.
But, I do love the colors of the leaves, all things pumpkin-spiced, the fact that both of our birthdays are in Fall, and I love being able to wear a hoodie and flip flops at the same time.

I don't look forward to changing the closets out. Both of us have twice as many Spring/Summer clothes than Fall/Winter clothes.
Oh well.
Black pants erry'day it is.

A bonus thing about THIS Fall? Election Day. More importantly, the Day After the Election.  You know, when I will get my life back.
Looking forward to that.
And Thanksgiving.
And, hopefully this Fall will be WAY better than last Fall, which happened to - um - suck - to put it eloquently.

I made my first batch of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies today. Cheers.

 (photo taken at Shenandoah National Park, September 2010)


4 comments:

Trang @ Treadmill Runs said...

Hey! I forgot about pumpkin signifying Fall. For me, I'll eat anything pumpkin all year round. :)

Cynthia said...

Wow! The pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sound great!

Stacie Raye said...

Oh I love your story. Just beautiful! I'll have to check out that cookie recipe. Stopping by from SITS.

Janice said...

I love EVERYTHING about Fall!!! LOL It is definitely my favorite season. And the best part....frizz-less straight hair days!!!! Gotta love it! :)