Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Somewhere Out There

Remember the scene where Fievel Mousekewitz and his sister looked up at the moon and sang that beautiful song? That's the way it is for Dana and me this week. I'm in northern Virginia and she's in Tampa. I'm holding down the fort while she's covering the convention. But somewhere out there we'll both be listening to a platform speaker at the convention because, well, we're news nerds.
Don't get me wrong, the moon is beautiful and romantic, but we pretty much fell in love over news. We both keep up on politics; we both fact check; we both appreciate the ins and outs of a news cast. There are times we roll our eyes or laugh together at something nobody in their right mind would even notice.
As I listen to Gewn and Judy interview their guests and the platform speakers address the crowd I think about my wife working in the network space and hurrying to get to the floor for the keynote. I miss laughing together at people and sharing inside jokes. I miss saying, "did you hear that", when Dana tunes out to check her email or Facebook. I miss snuggling in bed together.

"Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight."

3 comments:

Diane Moody said...

Great post, Michael. And I love that song, so I totally get what you said!

Kristen Maddux said...

"Somewhere out there, we'll both be listening to a platform speaker at the convention...becuase we pretty much fell in love over news."
Cutest. Thing. Ever.

Anonymous said...

Love this, Mike. Robby is in Mississippi this week so I totally understand where you are coming from. Love you guys! Tonja