Monday, August 6, 2012

35 Months

*I had to re-post this, because I'm such a math whiz. (Thank you, Devalon!)


Good morning.
It’s just after 5:30am, and I am on the couch, with a heating pad warming my lower back, and I'm half way through my first cup of coffee in one of my favorite red mugs.
I can hear the local news and the laundry tumbling in the dryer in the background.

Today is our monthaversary.
Our 35th.
Next month, we will celebrate our third anniversary!

Last night, Michael and I were talking about how it just keeps getting better and better. He said he thinks we’ve hit our stride.  That we’ve both grown, matured, and we know each other deeply, so it’s easier now.

I couldn’t agree more.
It would be just fine with me if we get closer and closer and more and more in love over the years.

So.
35 months.

What a sweet time this has been.
We’ve had our bumps in the road.
And sinkholes.
But, our marriage is stronger and our love for each other is so much greater that ever.
And it feels like home.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Monthaversary!

Dana Brown Ritter said...

Thanks, Stephanie! :)

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that it has gotten better and better with every year of marriage to Robby and we just celebrated 25!!! I think it helps that I consider him my best friend and that our home and lives is led by God. But as you know, we have had our fair share of sink holes in our 25 years and I can still say that I love this guy with all my heart. Hope I am around to see you blogging about YOUR 25th anniversary. Love you guys! Tonja