Monday, August 6, 2012

Grilled Bananas, Oh Wow.

I love bananas.
They have to be one of my favorite foods.
Good for breakfast, good for a snack, good for baking and now, good for grilling too!

I always want a banana the most, when we don't have any. Does that happen to you?

I saw this recipe in Wegmans Menu Magazine a couple of months ago.
It's super easy.

All you need is:

2-3 bananas
chocolate sauce
whipped cream
walnuts (or your nut of choice)

What you do:

Peel, split and grill your bananas for about 3 minutes on each side.
Simultaneously, heat chocolate sauce in a pot on the stove.

Serve the grilled bananas topped with drizzled chocolate sauce, whipped cream and nuts.
Split it with a friend so you don't explode.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooo good, when I was a Brownie leader we made tinfoil packets of a split banana marshmallows , nuts and chocolate chips, carefully closed and set in the hot coals, we made them on the BBQ as well, very yummy as well! I saw my daughter Kelly and son in law Nathan and grand son Kody on face book today, "The Jones", that was so nice, Nathan is a remarkable man, so talented and skilled, She is his perfect match and he hers, they love the out doors and they have so much in common, thank you for the kind words about them, made this mama proud,

Anonymous said...

Wish you could come to Thailand. You can buy fried bananas on the street everywhere. You can also buy banana roti which is so deliciou!

Dana Brown Ritter said...

Me too Ann!!! I really want to come one day. I need to get a new passport.

gentrier said...

I heart bananas and have had at least one on most days for over a year! Probably a total of 400 yummy bananas in 12 months! We just got a new grill last weekend. Guess who's gonna be grilling bananas tonight?!