Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What's For Dinner: Seafood Spaghetti

This one was a Michael request. When I'm making my weekly shopping list, I usually ask him if he's craving anything. Most of the time, he isn't. He likes whatever I cook. I'm lucky like that. But this particular week, he said "spaghetti with shrimp and scallops."

Okay. I hadn't ever done that before. But I knew I could wing it. I had a bag of frozen scallops from Wegmans in the freezer. We always have a jar or two of store bought spaghetti sauce on hand. I had a coupon for $1.00 off a fresh seafood purchase (which I used to buy shrimp). I chopped up an onion, a red pepper, and a green pepper (which I also always have on hand, it's my magic trifecta for everything!) and some freshly grated parmesan cheese and viola! Dinner.

Boil the pasta, drain and keep it warm.
Chop up onion, red and green peppers, saute in olive oil and oregeno, then mix into warmed up jar of store bought spaghetti sauce.
Steam shrimp with as much Old Bay as you can.
Pan sear scallops in 2 tablespoons of butter (after thawing)
Mix everything together.
Serve with salad, garlic bread and white wine.... and live happily ever after.

No comments: