Thursday, June 24, 2010

Plant Life Update


So... this red thing isn't doing so well. I don't know what it is. Any tips on bringing it back are appreciated. My mom floated the idea that just the buds are gone and they will come back? I dunno.

I am clearly no expert in Botany... but I do believe we have some serious Cilantro growing in our Herb Garden, and some Basil, I'm happy to say. I even used the Cilantro to make a homemade marinade for Tuna last weekend!
Recipe:
Mix together:
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
1 tsp. salt
2 cups chicken stock

Let your chicken or tuna marinate in a bag with all of that goodness... and you will be happy!
By the way -- did you notice those awesome grill marks!?!?!

Oh yeah, baby! Check these suckers out:
Here's our new Outdoor (Apartment Friendly) George Foreman Grill:
I definitely recommend it! It's quick and easy to cook on, and most importantly - easy to clean!!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Is that Foreman electric or no? We use a foreman too, a table top double sided grill and I love that it cooks stuff in half the time, but still don't like cleaning it though it doesn't take long. I'm really enjoying your blog Dana!
BTW, the red flowers are geraniums, I think the white are begonias, now you can google for tips, but I think you can cut or pick off the deae blooms on Geraniums and they'll re-flower for a while. They are a great hot weather plant. Hope that helps!