Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hey Y'all!

Okay, so I'm a busy girl. You understand this. I've been watching the Confirmation Hearings for Elena Kagan, but they're on a break... so I'm going to try to blog a bunch of fun times/pics. Cool?

First, a little bit of random background about today. So, I was running late again this morning (we start our mornings ridiculously early and I refuse to back that alarm up even MORE so it just is what it is) so I didn't have a shower (don't worry, I'm not nasty!) so I ended up fixing my hair when I got to work at the White House. I'm not trying to boast, but I do think it's pretty cool that one day I'll be able to tell my grandkid that I blow dryed my hair at the White House, haha!

I tend to wear a lot of black and white. It's easy, right? Today's outfit includes black pants, a black and white sleeveless shirt, and a white jacket. I always feel like a doctor when I wear a white jacket. I don't know why I continue to do this to myself.

The last time I wore this white jacket, I dribbled my coffee all over myself as I walked down the street. So... this morning, I chilled at Starbucks before I went to the office to drink my coffee down so I wouldn't have to buy another Tide pen.

My morning routine:
I never really thought I'd be one of those leaves-lipstick-on-coffee-cups kind of girls! I used to work at a coffee shop and I had to wipe all the lipstick off the mugs before putting them in the dishwasher and I was really grossed out by it. Oh well, not going to let that go down as a regret, the fact that I no longer wipe my cup off after every sip. Just don't have time for that anymore.

By the way - another random thought... I am eating gumbo today that I made in February. We pulled it down from the freezer and thawed it. I admit... it makes me feel a little nervous. But it is tasty, so far!

No comments: