Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grocery Getter

Remember those "grocery getter" station wagons? If your mom didn't have one (my mother would never have been caught dead in one, she had an SUV when no one did yet!) surely you rode in one that belonged to a friend's mother.

That's what comes to mind when I hear the term, "grocery getter." You know, something like this:
Oh... no!!! Get ready for a new mental image! I introduce to you... the new, improved Grocery Getter!!:
Hahahaha... again, I had to take a second picture of Michael and say "smile, like you like it!" We did some MAJOR grocery shopping Friday night and clearly we are committed to not making multiple trips to and from the car when we get home! I have to tell you this, too - we saved a grand total of almost $85 shopping Friday because Harris Teeter was doing SuperDoubles (doubling coupons up to $1.98!) and we went in with a bunch of coupons and a list. I am just starting to get good at this couponing stuff!

We filled up the laundry basket and the granny cart. And my little "grocery getter" sure did come in handy!

No comments: