Friday, June 4, 2010

The Dreadful Commute!

Grrrrrr. I can't even blog about this without feeling my blood pressure rise! So, the lovely powers at be in Northern Virginia decided in May to start enforcing the most ungodly rule in the world. Interstate 66, which I drive to and from DC, is now HOV only from like 6am to 10am and 3pm to 7pm. So..... I had to start leaving the house like this to get on the road before setting myself up for a $1,000 ticket.
Yes, those are PJs. I would literally leave the house just as I woke up, and shower and get ready in the gym at work. I can't tell you how funny it felt that first day to walk by the women on the treadmill... carrying my bags, etc. while I shuffle in in my PJs. But, I got used to it.
I did get to see some beautiful sunrises!
But... this commute business has GOT TO GO! It's taking me like an hour to drive to work in the morning, and TWO HOURS to drive home! I hope we can move soon!!!!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Move back to Arlington!!!!! I miss you!
Jessi