Wednesday, December 9, 2009

National Christmas Tree Lighting

Okay, for real... last blog of today, I promise!  I'm trying to get this puppy up to date!


Last week, we went to the National Christmas Tree Lighting at the White House!  I was stoked when we got tickets!  I entered the lottery online and actually found out on M's birthday that we had "seats!"  Right in the front of the standing room section, on a little planked walkway.  One of the perks you get when you're rolling with someone in a wheelchair.


We were in the "standing room" section but we weren't standing.  I sat it down right on M's lap, and we wrapped up in a camo blanket.  Yep, you heard that, our camo blanket made it to the White House.  Niiiiiice.


December09 007 All Bundled Up!


December09 003 Sheryl Crow rocked!


December09 008 The O's hitting the button to light the tree!


December09 013 Ta-da!


December09 016 Thankfully, we survived VP Biden's motorcade driving by, and made it to Starbucks.  Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.


Look at blue eyes enjoying his PSL.  Atta boy!


The tree lighting was really cute.  You can actually watch it online, if you're terribly bored.  Jordin Sparks & Sheryl Crow were great!
 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Cookie said...

I really appreciate the fact that you've created your own blog and have actually posted your thoughts. I admire your work and feel I can relate to what you've done. A lot of people can't even imagine having such talent. I hope that you know how lucky you are. :) Good luck to you in ALL your objectives. :)