Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The New Gig

I haven't had a lot of time to tell you all about my new job, but it's awesome and I love it and every day is so different from the day before.  Now I'm at the DC Bureau for CBN News.


Here are a couple of snapshots from work life lately:


October09 006 Last week (aah! maybe the week before, geez, time is flying!) POTUS had a health care event in the Rose Garden with a bunch of doctors from across the country.  I thought it looked like a Med School graduation!


October09 010 There's POTUS giving an almost-Clinton thumb!  I was wondering if anyone in the crowd wanted to give me a H1N1 vaccine, but unfortunately I didn't have any takers.  I now have pretty mixed feelings over the vaccine. Don't know if we'll get one or not.  We shall see.


In Other News...


October09 014
Last week, I actually got to go INSIDE the Supreme Court, or SCOTUS for those of you who like it when I speak in code.  I saw the arguments in Salazar v. Buono, the case about the Mojave Desert Cross.  It was AMAZING!!  My favorite part was watching the Justices' personalities in action.  They were so fascinating!  And you could just feel the power in the room!  Too cool.


October09 015
Here's my reporter, Paul, doing a standup afterwards.  It was a crazy morning, but tons of fun!


October09 001 And this is my highly glamorous spot at the White House!  Let's just say... it's smaller than my closet, but I love being there!  In fact, that's where I'm off to now!


It's been so much fun running all around town, interviewing Senators and Congressmen, going to press conferences, the White House, Congressional hearings, all of it!  Yesterday, I spent all day in a meeting for the President's Council on Faith Based & Neighborhood Initiatives at the Commerce Department.  You'll be able to see a lot of my stories online and read my work blogs, e-mail me if you want!



   
 
 



No comments: