Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Blogfest begins in 5... 4... 3... 2...



Hi! Have ya'll been shopping lately. Well, don't. It's not worth the gas prices, seriously. There is nothing out there worth purchasing. It's a good time to have a clothing fast. :)



Gretchen and I had a very entertaining "shopping" trip. Old Navy. Marshall's. TJ Maxx. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. The stuff was SO BAD we had to document.  Digital pics will be entered into evidence.  I did find some cute Roxy luggage... but other than that it was a strike-out.  Highlights of the trip were when Gretchen asked the 15 year old pimply-faced guy who worked at Marshall's if he thinks people just leave stuff behind. He was like Butthead.. "uh...."



Here, see for yourself:Img_3042_2 Img_3043_2



Okay, let's start with these "dresses," if that's what you can call them. I think they were quadruple-marked down to like $5.00. Uh, no. If I'm going to wear this, Old Navy, you're going to have to PAY ME. Nice face, I know.



Img_3045Write it down? Write it down? Write WHAT down? Your number? My grocery list? A list of ways I could use this shirt other than as a shirt? Write it down? I need better instructions.



Img_3046



And don't you just LOVE how when things are on sale... all that's left is the REALLY small stuff and the REALLY big stuff. Exhibit A: These pink jammie shorts. Cute, right? Too bad I'd need two pair to cover MY bum. One for each cheek. Somehow, it's not double the pleasure.



Img_3047



Okay, are you ready for this? If you've ever needed a tote to carry around a huge quantity of fruit loops, we have just the thing for you. A basket-woven white plastic-like bag with a Toucan and a Snake?!?!  God knows what they're doing... but I'm pretty sure nothing like that even goes on in the jungle, and clearly, it has no business being on a bag!



Img_3053Yes, I am aware of the Red Hat Society. And you know what? I'm all about it. Sign me up in 40 years. I'm all about what it represents. But this bag makes me make a face.  Red Hat Society, this should offend you. Wear your purple dress. Your Red hat. But bring a cute bag. No matter how old you are, you're never too old for a CUTE purse. This is an injustice.



Img_3052 Img_3051



These are the bags that time forgot. I'm pretty sure I had a relative of the butterfly bag when I went to a Military Ball in 6th grade.



Img_3054



Finally... would you believe... MORE TOUCANS?



See? It's not safe out there. Don't do it.



2 comments:

christin said...

oh my gosh, Dana. this is brilliant. I agree, the clothing is LACKING right now. I'm thinking of starting some sort of movement for an August fashion rejuvenation - not quite fall, but definitely not the brights of summmer - something with chocolate browns, reds, greens, etc. - something to ease us into fall before it wallops us with wool pants & sweaters.
The month of august is tragic for stores. Thank you for documenting. I just about died at the Red Hat Society bag.

Gretchen said...

I really do stand by my theory that people leave things behind in Marshalls and the store sticks a tag on them.