Sunday, July 1, 2007

1/2 the space for twice the price

Okay, so I'm back from my trip to DC.  I had a blast with Becky and her friend Angela, who manages to be the owner of a darling little shop and the mayor of Shirlington!  I have never been treated as such royalty.  Note to self: when I get to DC, I will make sure Angela is with me where ever I go so I can get free champagne and crab cakes.



I seriously ate THE. BEST. BANANA. PUDDING. EVER.  I thought I made a pretty good BP but clearly it has evolved past my church lady recipe.  I must eat that often.  Caramelized vanilla wafers, people - that's what I'm saying! (I wish I had pictures)



So, I found a place.  It's in a nice, safe area.  I'll get a deal on the crazy move-in fees.  But, here's the deal: It is half the space for twice the rent that I'm paying now. Welcome to Washington, Miss Brown.



I have to get rid of A LOT of stuff.  We're talking dozens of books, dozens of CDs, lots of clothes, luggage, bags, some pictures, a grill, a tv, and quite a bit of furniture.  This is where I need you -- blog poll: How should I sell this stuff? Craigslist? Garage Sale? Should I take my books, DVDs and CDs to one of those stores that buy that stuff?  If anyone knows of a consignment shop in Pittsburgh that takes nice women's clothes, let me know.  My stuff is too "grown up" for that one place (the name escapes me now)



Okay, so -- vote.



2 comments:

Becky said...

HAHA! Yes, being part of Angela's entourage definitely has its perks! :)

christin said...

angela is the mayor of Shirlington? or was that just you being funny? :)