Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Don't Know Where to Start


I am so overwhelmed by how blessed I am, I don't even know what to write.  I have such a long list of things I want to write about on this blog - about our life, and ways that we do things that may be helpful to other couples who also juggle a disability in their relationship.  And other stuff - like behind the scenes shots of my job, which is in so many ways more than ever could have dreamed of.  Even more - the stories of how God led me to where I am today, and how He has been faithful even when I thought He had abandoned me.  It goes on and on - I want you to know the ways that Michael has been there for me that no one ever sees. And share with you dreams I have of the future.

But I have insecurities as well.  Will you be bored or feel like I'm making this blog a scrapbook of our life and not be interesting to you?  Will it seem overly self-centered to keep talking about myself all of the time? I mean, this if our blog, but sometimes I do feel that way sometimes.

So, maybe I'll just go to the gym.

7 comments:

bettyC said...

I know what u mean. My husband Bruce has ALS, Lou Gehrig"s Disease. He was given 2 - 5 yrs to live. It will be 6 yrs in Oct. we r sooo lucky, sooo happy, soo blessed. We have so much. We r surrounded by so much support and love from families and friends. I could go on and on but I won't.
Thanks for your blog

Kristen Maddux said...

I understand how you'd feel that way, but don't think you need to. Readers come here because we enjoy hearing about all the ins and outs of your daily life.
Your writing keeps it real, funny and enjoyable. Not to mention that beyond a shadow of a doubt, God takes your willingness to be vulnerable and open and mulitplies encouragement and hope in it for others (like you mentioned in that earlier post about community). I'm sure He even uses posts you never dreamed would mean anything special to help others--stuff you may never know about this side of Heaven. He's cool like that. :)
I say all that to just encourage you to write whatever you want to write about. No worries. :)

Cheri said...

Dana, when I first started my blog it was an outlet for me as a caregiver. I never wanted to in any way down play that faacat that my husband was going through a trial and struggling, but I needed an outlet also. I needed a place to go and cry, complain, be silly and be serious. I promised to be true to myself even if no one was reading and I have never regretted that and I made some great friends along the way. In the first pages of my blog it's a caregiver crying out but now it has become whatever! This is your therapy and we will be here with you.

Dana Brown Ritter said...

Kristen - THANK YOU for your encouragement!
Cheri - Thank you for your understanding and support, too. Isn't it amazing what an outlet writing and sharing can be? Free therapy :) I am following your blog too, and I like reading about the other stuff besides the caregiving stuff, I'm interested in everything! I guess it's good that we write about other stuff - means our lives have balance, right?

Dr. Dorree Lynn said...

Wonderful to read about both of you. Pretty fabulous couple, in my view. Tons of courage, commitment and hard work.

Dr. Dorree

Dr. Dorree Lynn said...

Oh by the way. I'm the co-author of
When the Man You Love is Ill. Doing the Best for Your Partner Without Losing Yourself.
And.
co-Author of
Sex For Grownups. Dr. Dorree Reveals the Myths, Lies and Must-Tries for Great Sex After 50.

So, I love reading your so revealing and unguarded posts.

Dr. Dorree

Dana Brown Ritter said...

Dr. Lynn, I know FOR A FACT we would not be where we are today without your help!! I will be forever grateful for you!