Monday, May 21, 2012

Back From Vacation


Hello, hello.  We are home from an amazing vacation.  I am refreshed and exhausted.  Aren't we all after a typical American vacation that involves spending 5 days driving back and forth half way across the nation, and 3 days actually there?

It really was amazing, in many ways.  An incredible professional opportunity in a setting that brought dreams full circle.  Meals in yoga pants with friends and family.  Laughs and hugs and little boys holding my hands.  Playing in the sand with little girls, holding an opossum, gazing across the landscape of a farm that has been in my husband's family for generations.  Finishing a book on prayer.  Sleepless nights.  Sirius radio.  Inspiring new friends.  Live music.

And now there's deer sausage in my refrigerator and on the 3rd load of post-vacation laundry, my washer quit, so hopefully the maintenance man is on his way.

I left Michael to wait for his home health aide this morning.  Happily.  I love that man with all that is in me, but after 9 days of doing every lift, fixing every meal, dressing, undressing, and caring for him, I am done.   So thankful for the help that we have, and all that he can do for himself when we are in our (pretty much) accessible home environment.  So glad to see the pets, and for the neighbor who looked after them for us while we were gone.

I have been to Starbucks, to the gym (ouch!) and now I'm at Chick Fil A, with a medium sweet tea, this laptop and an empty composition notebook.

Life is good.
We are back, and ready to rock this out.


2 comments:

Kristen | The Frugal Girl said...

Welcome back, Dana!!

Jenn said...

Can't wait to see pictures:-)..hint hint!!