Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our Christmas at Home II


Last year, we started our own little tradition of staying home, our home, just the two of us, on Christmas Day.

I didn't make the giant feast that I did last year. No turkey and all the fixin's.  I can't remember if I wrote about it here or not, but we didn't make it to my sister's house this year for Thanksgiving, so I felt like I had just done the whole turkey, etc.  SO, I made the filet mignon and potatoes au gratin that arrived on my doorstep a few weeks ago, courtesy of an Omaha Steaks Groupon. :)

We had a snuggly Christmas Eve...

Read the Christmas story at breakfast...
I thought at breakfast about how cool it is to read a story that's 2011 years old... on an electronic device. Love it. :)

We opened presents...


Pardon the bed head and pile of laundry :)

About 20 minutes after the last present was opened, the Christmas tree CAME DOWN.
A lady who bought our old coffee and end tables off of Craigslist came by and took them, and I started an all-out organization project!

Gotta love a husband who vaccums!  I know I do.

We are making room for some NEW FURNITURE! :)  More on that later. :)
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

Tomorrow, we celebrate with M's family.  Looking forward to that, then more cleaning out/organizing, then getting back on the 2012 campaign trail.

4 comments:

katie said...

you are so organized!!! you would DIE at our house...

i wish that i was that good about things coming down and all put away but the kids want to prolong it as loooong as possible (plus all of the boxes/wrappers/christmas toy mess completely overwhelms me so i do it step by step) ;)

Open Signs said...

i ve found your site from one education blog of health related and i just charmed you created it nicely showing your dailt life.u have passed a nice Christmas

Dona

gentrier said...

That's how we spend Christmas too! Seeing that pic of Michael opening gifts looks just like Matt:) How is he able to vaccuum? Can he use his hands?

Dana Brown Ritter said...

He's all teeth!!! Hahaha. Michael can't use his hands. He doesn't have any finger movement at all. He wears gloves for pushing his wheelchair that just go over his palms, and they have a strap that velcroes across the top of his hand. He loosens the velcro a little bit, slides whatever he needs in there (the vaccum handle or a broomstick, or the handle of a brush) and just uses his bicep (he has no tricep function) to push and pull it and viola! Clean.