Monday, February 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Aaaahhh.  That was an exhale.  Over the weekend, I finally completed my move.  Everything is unpacked.  Everything has a place and everything is where it belongs!  This is how I like life to be.  All perfect and in its place.  Oh, how I wish it could all stay like that!


I feel like, in so many ways, I'm in this "preparation" stage.  One of the things I'm going to have to get a grip of is that not everything is perfectly placed all the time.  Sometimes the unexpected happens.  Sometimes there's just a lot going on and you have to know where to draw the line - that it's okay if there are clothes in the hamper or trash in the trash can because you have to sleep or put something else before having this perfect perfection.


I realize more and more every day that I am my mother's daughter.  I remember as a kid not understanding why my mom worried ALL THE TIME, telling her to CHILL, RELAX "we'll figure it out,"  etc...  Wow, staring 30 in the face, now I get it.


So, yeah... I'm working on that.  Like I need another project, RIGHT?


Meanwhile... have a look at my 800 square feet of perfection (for now):


I really like this apartment :)


February09 014 








February09 037 








February09 019 







February09 022 




February09 046



5 comments:

kristen said...

your new apartment is gorgeous. i can't even begin to tell you the level of jealousy i have over your island!! :)

Jessi said...

I LOVE the apartment...and Brokaw looks quite at home in the second picture!
Is that a built in desk?! Don't tell Brendan...he'll want to move. :)

cindy floyd said...

I think everything looks fabulous! I am so proud of you! I also love the new bedspread! Keep in mind that it doesn't stay like that! It's just nice to get it that way. It is fun for me to fix it after it gets messed up. Sometimes it's fun messing it up! HA!!

ann said...

I really like it--I like the new comforter also!! Maybe I'll see it in person one day or you may move by then:)

alena said...

Dana, I love it!!! It's super cute. I'll have to come visit again now so I can see it in person:) Also, I have to say I'm a little disappointed that you didn't photograph your color coded closet. LoL:) Glad you got all settled! Talk to you later!