Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gotta Brag on my Church

I don't like to get all religious up in here either.  But I've got to have faith.  And you do too. (really) And I have to brag on my church for a minute. May I?  Okay, thanks.


I have the honor of going to National Community Church.  We are one church, 5 LOCATIONS.  Mostly at movie theaters in the DC/Northern VA area.  I am so honored to be a part of a church that just loves God and loves people.  That's it.  Plain and simple.  Good stuff.  It doesn't hurt that the staff is amazingly creative, the Bible is preached in a way that is relevant and intriguing enough to make me want to dive back in and the fact that it is full of excited people who are chasing after the dreams God has given them.


Last weekend, I went on the annual leadership retreat in West Virginia.  It was my first time.  And it was so great!!  The pastors just loved on us leaders.  Served us. Inspired us.  Challenged us.


Leadershipretreat 


The theme - "Greater Things."




We are expecting greater things this year!  It is so exciting to pray with such joyful anticipation about what God is doing in us, through us and among us.




Greaterthings


These are just some of the greater things we are hoping and praying for at NCC this year.


What an awesome time of reflection - where we've been - and inspiration - what awaits us.


Pastors Mark, Heather and Joel were right on the money.


I enjoyed the time away, meeting new friends and kicking off this year of ministry.


Kingstowne


This past Sunday was SUPER EXCITING because NCC launched it's 5th location - KINGSTOWNE!


I had to miss it, but from what I hear, it was amazing.  I'm so excited to be a part of it and to see what GREATER THINGS are to come!


Shout out to Pastor Chris!







1 comment:

Nick said...

That sounds pretty nice, I have not gone to church in years just because it is so boring and does not seem to be geared towards me. It always feels like I am in a room with a bunch of robots repeating canned sayings "prayers" over and over again and never changing. This on the other hand sounds like it might be something I would like to try...too bad it is not in Pittsburgh.